Skill Up Bucks at Buckinghamshire New University
Skill Up Bucks is an employability programme creating opportunities for people aged 17+ to meet and interact with employers across Buckinghamshire. The programme is funded by the European Social Fund and the Department for Work and Pensions.
Skill Up Bucks aligns educational institutions and local employers to provide work experience opportunities for anyone living in the county, developing both the available skills pool for local employers and opportunities for young people.
Through a range of activities such as employer visits, recruitment events, mentoring and work experience, Skill Up Bucks aims to:
- Develop local talent and skills
- Develop employability skills and confidence
- Support students to make the right decisions for their future
- Help employers identify and nurture future talent
- Help local people to discover opportunities in their county
- Reduce skills and talent migration
How can you get involved?
- Offer an Apprenticeship
- Attend a Career/Job Fair
- Offer a company visit to students
- Offer an Internship
- Offer a challenge activity to students
- Offer to be a mentor
- Attend a sector-based promotion event
- Offer a Work Experience placement
- Deliver an employability Workshop to students/unemployed
- Offer a T-level opportunity
- Offer a Traineeship