Sports and Wellbeing Clinic
Sports and Wellbeing Clinic
Welcome to the Sports & Wellbeing Clinic, part of our multi-million pound Human Performance, Exercise and Wellbeing Centre.
The clinic offers a range of health and wellbeing services covering:
- treatment and rehabilitation of injuries
- sports and remedial massage appointments
- prevention and assessment.
Our experienced team of highly qualified therapists are trained in treating a wide range of sports injuries and health conditions. Appointments are offered with the understanding that this is a learning environment. Our third year students, all of whom have passed the required assessment and treatment elements of their training, perform injury assessments and treatments under the supervision of qualified staff. We also offer sports massages.
If you wish to make an appointment, please contact us (see our details at the bottom of this page). After booking with us, please make sure you take a look at your appointment information.
Assessments are available for any musculoskeletal injuries or pain and are carried out by one of our highly experienced practitioners. Therapists do have particular areas of expertise so please make sure you check out their profiles.
The aim of the assessment is to provide effective treatment based on a working diagnosis. Treatment may include a home exercise programme or a specific treatment like taping, ultrasound or rehabilitation.
We also provide sports massage services by our qualified students so they can gain further clinical experience. Sports massages last one hour (including consultation) and cost just £10.
- New Assessment: £45
- Follow up Assessment: £40
- Massage (by Sports Therapy student): £10
Discounts are available for staff and students when booking an appointment.
- You can book your treatment by calling or emailing us (our details can be found at the bottom of this page)
- After your booking, you will receive an email confirming your appointment time. You will also be sent an SMS reminder 24 hours before your appointment.
- All contact information supplied to the clinic will be treated in confidence and will not be passed on to other parties.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your treatment time to complete the necessary paperwork and to help us ensure the clinic runs to time.
- The initial assessment consultation will last up to 45 minutes with further follow up appointments being 30 minutes.
- During your initial appointment, your therapist will carry out a comprehensive musculoskeletal assessment that may include observing posture and walking biomechanics. In order to carry out a full assessment of your injury, please wear appropriate clothing and underwear (we recommend a pair of loose fitting shorts and an appropriate bra - please note that sports bras can obstruct the back/neck region and so may not be ideal to treatment).
- This injury clinic forms part of the Sports Therapy course at BNU. We'd be delighted if you'd allow us to invite students into your consultation for observation to enhance their learning.
Thank you for supporting the Sports and Wellbeing Clinic at BNU and our Sports Therapy courses.
Kevin Campbell-Karn has a broad experience of Sports Therapy teaching and practice having setup a variety of university programmes as well as managing a successful private sports injuries clinic since 2002. Kevin is an Executive Committee member of The Society of Sports Therapists and is an active member of the professional body. Kevin is also the programme leader for the BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy degree here at BNU.
Contact Kevin: email@example.com
Neal Reynolds has over 20 years of experience working as a physiotherapist in professional football including for the Football Association Under 17 team, Norwich City Football Club (Head of Medical), Arsenal Football Club (1st team Physiotherapist), Oxford United Football Club (Head Physiotherapist), West Bromwich Football Club (Youth team Physiotherapist). Neal is a chartered Physiotherapist, a member of the Health and Care Professions Council and a member of the Football Medical Association.
Contact Neal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Déarbhla Gallagher has a wide range of education and clinical experience. As a member of Athletic Therapy and Rehabilitation Ireland and the British Association of Sport Rehabilitation and Trainers she has worked with complex trauma of the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Center at Headley Court, Chelsea FC Academy, several GAA teams, and NCAA Division 1 University of Pittsburgh Sports teams.
Contact Déarbhla: email@example.com
The Sports and Wellbeing Clinic is open every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm. Please note that opening hours are subject to change dependent on teaching commitments.
To book a treatment or for more information, please call 01494 603 090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located at the High Wycombe Campus, Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2JZ.