Windows of Gateway building


Student Hub FAQs

Please call or e-mail us using our contact details below or come and visit us at our office.

Please email us using our contact details below. Please provide your Student ID number and what organisation you require the letter for.

You will need to contact your faculty office to discuss interrupting your study, withdrawing or transferring course - if you would like advice on personal circumstances you are welcome to contact the Students' Union Advice Centre and book an appointment by e-mail or over the phone - High Wycombe 01494 603 016 or Uxbridge 01494 605 180.

You can apply online at You’ll need to create an account and if needed include details of your household income along with your parent’s or partner’s details in order to support your application.

Once Student Finance have assessed your application they will send you a letter showing what you are entitled to along with a declaration which you will need to sign and send back.

If you haven’t received this, it is likely your application is still being assessed. You can find out by calling Student Finance England on 0300 100 0607.

If parents are involved in the application, please make sure they have given required consents and have returned the documentation requested of them. You can check if your application has been processed from your online account as your application will show as “approved”. This usually takes around seven working days from receipt.

If you haven’t received your letters in the post (please allow 7-10 working days for arrival) there is the option to view them through your online account. You can select ‘View Correspondence’ and a list of things that have been sent/received should appear. You are then able to print them off.

You will need to make sure you have enrolled with BNU before Student Finance can make your first payment - you will need to take your Student Finance Entitlement letter with you to your enrolment session, so please make sure you keep this safe.

If you forget to bring this to your enrolment session please bring a copy to us at The Student Hub as soon as possible.

Once you’ve registered, BNU will let Student Finance know you’re attending and will make your payment.

It can then take two to three working days for the money to reach your account. Student Finance will pay any Maintenance Grant or Maintenance Loan you’re entitled to into your bank account and pay your Tuition Fee Loan directly to the University.

Check that you have signed and returned your declaration and that no other information Student Finance require is outstanding.

Contact numbers for Student Finance:

  • England 0300 100 0607
  • Wales 0300 200 4050
  • Northern Ireland 0300 100 0077

If you are still having problems please contact Student Hub by phone 01494 522 141 (Extension 3020 High Wycombe, 4470 Uxbridge) or e-mail

For information on the nursing NHS Nursing Bursary please take a look at the bursaries and scholarships section of our website.

Our Students' Union Advice Centre is on hand to offer support for a number of issues including:

  • accommodation,
  • money,
  • legal matters,
  • personal,
  • international and European student problems.

Situated in the North Wing on the ground floor at High Wycombe and the first floor at Uxbridge you can book an appointment in person at the office, over the phone on 01494 603 016 for High Wycombe and 01494 605 180 for Uxbridge or via e-mail - please also check out

You can also contact our Counselling Service or Multi-Faith Chaplaincy.

The electoral register lists the names and addresses of everyone who is registered to vote. To be able to vote in High Wycombe, you have to be registered on the Wycombe District Council Electoral Register. Students can be registered to vote at both their term time and home addresses if they are in different local authority areas.
During the Summer of 2014 the registration system changed. Previously, one form was used for registering everyone who lived at one address. Each individual is now responsible for their own voter registration.
There are two versions of the electoral register:

The Full Register

The full register lists everyone who is entitled to vote. This is only used for:

  • electoral purposes,
  • the prevention and detection of crime
  • checking your identity when you have applied for credit.

The Edited Register

The edited register can be bought by anyone who asks for a copy and may use it for any purpose. You can choose to opt out of the edited register during the registration process.

Who can vote?

Any British, Irish or citizen from a qualifying EU or Commonwealth Country who is at least 18 years of age can vote in elections if they are on the electoral register.

If you are a citizen of a European Union (EU) country and resident in the UK, you are eligible to register to vote in UK elections, although there are restrictions on the types of elections you can vote in.

For UK students who are living away from home during term time in a different Local Government area, you are entitled to register twice - once at your home address and once in the Local Government area where your term time address is. However, you can only vote once in any single election.

How do I find out if I’m already on the electoral register?

For 2016, the majority of people who are already registered on the electoral register in High Wycombe will be automatically registered under the new system. All Councils will carry out a data matching exercise with the Department of Work and Pensions in early summer and where a person’s details match, they will remain registered for 2016 and do not need to take any action.

For a number of people their data will not match and therefore will need to re-register, and this will be the case for a number of students. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are on the electoral register if you wish to vote in High Wycombe.

To double check whether you are on the electoral register or if you have any queries, contact:

Wycombe District Council

How do I register or update my details?

If you meet the conditions for registering to vote, you can visit to get on the local electoral register or update your details.  You will be required to provide personal details including your date of birth and your national insurance number. If you are not able to register online, you can download postal forms from the above link or request these from the local Electoral Office.

If you move term time accommodation whilst at University you should update your details with your new address.

If you choose to vote at your home address and this is not in High Wycombe, you will need to arrange either a postal vote or proxy vote with the council where your home address is located.

To vote in High Wycombe you must be registered on the Register of Electors with Wycombe District Council.

What happens if I don’t register?

If you meet the conditions for registering to vote and you are asked to register, you have to do so. If you don’t register, your local Electoral Registration Office could fine you. You need to be on the electoral register to be able to vote in all UK elections and referendums; however you do not have to vote if you don’t wish. Not being registered may affect your credit rating.

Who should I contact for more information?

Wycombe District Council

You should contact our Inclusion, Diversity and Disability team, situated in the North Wing N.11 on the first floor at High Wycombe and the first floor at Uxbridge. The contact number is 01494  605 049 and the e-mail address is

If you have any other questions to ask or would like to speak to someone directly please feel free to pop in and see us or give us a call.

High Wycombe

  • 01494 603 020
  • Find us on the ground floor in the Atrium 


  • 01494 522 141 Ext. 4470
  • Find us on the second floor