Student holding money

External Funding

External Funding

Funding is dependent on eligibility criteria

Disabled Students’ Allowance

Students that are eligible for student finance from any of the UK’s home nations (England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland), should be able to apply for the Disabled Students Allowance. 

For more information look at the websites 


Northern Ireland 

Wales  Cymru


Students from the Republic of Ireland might be able to apply to the Fund for Students with Disabilities for support. See here for more information. Please note the Irish Fund for Students with Disabilities has a strict annual deadline so research this early to make sure that you have support in place for when you start University. 

If you need support and advice applying book an appointment (link to booking section).   

One to One Mentoring
White piggy bank


ESFA funding for additional support may be available. A Disability and Inclusion Advisor can help you to access this. 

Under the Equality Act 2010 it is a legal duty for all providers and employers to offer additional support as needed. 

Employer funded students may be able to access support in the workplace through Access to Work 

Some students are not eligible for external funding, for example international students or students on short-courses. Students may contact the Disability and Inclusion Services (link to booking appointment section) to discuss available support and reasonable adjustments.