Calculator, pen and bill

Further Education Course Funding

Further Education Course Funding

The University receives funding from the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to support students studying for the Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art Design and Media.

The Skills Funding Agency and the Education Funding Agency have been replaced by one body called Education & Skills Funding Agency – find out more.

You can apply for an award from one of the funds below to help you with the cost of:

  • accommodation and travel
  • course materials and equipment.


You can apply for an award from this fund if your household income is below £25,000 or if you live with your parents and they are in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Universal Credit or an equivalent benefit, or if you are receiving help from the National Association of Special Schools. You are required to provide documentary evidence which could include:

  • Letter from the Local Council
  • HMRC Tax Credit Award Notice or similar
  • Letter from the Jobcentre Plus confirming benefits
  • Letter from the DWP.


If you are 19 and over you could also apply for an award from this fund if you are either:

  • continuing a course, you started aged 16 to 18 (this is known as being a ‘19+ continuer’)



If you would like to apply for an award from either the 16-19 or 19+ Discretionary Bursary Funds, please speak to the Student Hub:

High Wycombe

  • 01494 603 020
  • Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am - 5pm
  • Tuesday 10am - 5pm
  • Friday 9am - 4.30pm