Develop your confidence in degree-level learning
We offer a wide range of degrees with foundation years, helping you to develop your confidence in degree-level learning.
A foundation year acts as an additional year to your degree, and during this time you will be able to develop new skills and knowledge in your area, home in on your interest and talents, and get an introduction to your chosen course.
Once you pass your foundation year, you are guaranteed a place onto your chosen course and will enter the first year of the degree programme.
Why study a Foundation year?
There are many reasons why our students choose to study a foundation year. The choice to do so has become increasingly popular among students, which is why we make sure to offer a broad spectrum of courses to choose from.
- not feel ready for your degree
- not have the right qualifications
- be nervous about returning to study after a break from education.
Whatever your reason, a foundation course could be for you.
I didn’t feel my skills were ready to go straight into a degree. When I heard about the opportunity for a Foundation Year, I was keen to take advantage of it and get a head start. It’s been one of the best things I’ve done.Leah Piercy
Why Buckinghamshire New University?
At BNU we ensure our degrees and foundation year courses are filled with industry-relevant learning, helping you to stand out to potential employers.
Our lecturers and tutors offer professional insight into to your chosen subject area and encourage you to break boundaries with critical, creative and innovative thinking.
- grow your confidence and identify your own strengths and development in order to progress
- gain academic, university level skills in your chosen area, as well as help with assignment writing and breaking down briefs
- be introduced to your subject area through academic and practical teaching and real-life opportunities
- receive support and personalised feedback from lecturers and tutors
- become prepared to enter your undergraduate degree, focused and confident to succeed.