FDSc Nursing Associate
In partnership with Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Careers have the power to fulfil our creativity, ambitions and dreams. But few provide a real sense of purpose like nursing. At Buckinghamshire New University, you’ll develop the skills to help and care for the people who need you the most.
The Nursing Associate is a sought-after role within healthcare. Upon graduation you’ll be prepared for a role supporting Registered Nursing staff and could work within the wider Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Our sponsored nursing associate programme with Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust gives you the opportunity to begin a nursing career at the Trust.
To be eligible to apply for the programme you must live within a reasonable commuting distance from the hospitals within the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
You could benefit from:
- Fully-funded second year tuition fees.
- A placement at one of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust hospitals, and associated community partners, with dedicated support from the Trust’s nursing education team and BNU staff.
- A guaranteed offer of a registered Nursing Associate post at one of the Trust’s hospitals, when you successfully complete the programme.
- The opportunity to work on the Trust’s bank as a healthcare support worker during the programme.
Worried about your personal statement? Here’s some top tips:
- Be yourself - Don't just list your achievements, we want to understand you and your personality.
- Strengths - relate them to the course as well as listing any transferable skills you have (team work, customer service, problem solving).
- Why this course? - What excites you about this course, as well as your experience to date and any future aspirations that you may have.
- Presentation - Format, spelling and grammar, but perhaps most importantly; get someone to proof read it!