Education and Early Years
For those looking to make a difference to the lives of children and young people, we offer education and early childhood courses at BNU, to help people secure their first posts, or take the next step in their career journeys.
As a long-stablished education provider in this sector, we are well placed to draw on our links with employers, and the strength of our academic team, to keep our courses in this area highly relevant and evidence-based.
We also give students access to placements, guest speakers and regular practice-based opportunities, so that they leave us extremely well placed to progress in their careers.
Our graduates go on to work as successful teachers and leaders in a variety of settings, including primary education, early years settings, secondary schools, further education, special needs and community education.
Take a look at our Early Years and Education courses
- We offer a broad-based curriculum, which helps our students develop as thoughtful and flexible practitioners, able to act as advocates for young children
- Many members of our teaching team have moved from senior professional practice posts to support workforce development
- We have a strong commitment to research which keeps teaching current and applicable
- After studying with us, many students progress onto teacher training via School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT), Early Years Initial Teacher Training, or a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Others move into other roles in early years, higher or community education, social or youth work, special needs, play therapy, charities, international development work, or training and assessment
- We deliver mentorship training for school teachers in partnership with Astra Alliance
- We have exciting partnerships with School Centred Initial Teacher Training organisations.