IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk provides a friendly and helpful point of contact for IT Services and support for students, staff and visitors to the University.
During the month of August, regularly scheduled on-site DTS support at our Uxbridge campus will only be available on Mondays. At all other times support will be provided remotely and, as per normal, tickets must be logged via the IT Service Desk either by emailing or calling using the below details.
If a critical issue occurs that could cause or is causing major disruption to services and/or University activities then we will visit asap if we are unable to resolve the incident via remote support. If multiple, non-critical incidents occur that require a physical presence then we will arrange a visit later in the week where all incidents can be resolved on the same day. If you are at all uncertain of what constitutes a major/critical incident and a non-major/critical incident then please contact the Service Desk who will be able to advise and assist accordingly.
This change in support arrangements is being made due to no formal teaching taking place over August and so that our resources can be deployed elsewhere to work on major DTS projects that form part of the Digital Strategy and Impact 2022.
Normal service will resume in September and we will update this article with a confirmed date.
On-site support at High Wycombe remains unchanged.
If you require assistance in resolving an incident or would like to log a request then please email the IT Service Desk at IT@bucks.ac.uk or call on 01494 605000 Option 1.
|Email us||Call us|
|IT@bucks.ac.uk||01494 605000 or Ext 5000|
|Term Time||Non-term Time|
|Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 19:00 Saturday (limited service) 11:30-16:00||Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 17:00|
Service Desk Locations
High Wycombe Campus: Gateway, 2nd floor by the Library - During the support hours above
Uxbridge: Uxbridge service desk will be closed for Christmas
- Advice on password management
- Advice on printing, copying and scanning
- Guidance on data storage and network drives
- Setting up email forwarding for your student account
- Connecting to the University Wi-Fi (eduroam)
- Advice on what free software is available for students
- Accessing Blackboard
The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for most IT issues. We are here to help you and will do this in the best way we can, this might be to resolve your issue during that first conversation or possibly passing it onto a specialist who can.
What you can expect from us…
- An approachable team willing to assist as much as we can.
- We will log your issue/request and give you the reference for any correspondence that is required.
- We will gather the information that is required for a quick resolution to the request/issue.
Helpful information to have when contacting the IT Service desk
- Your IT account details.
- Your contact details.
- Your computer details and if it is a Bucks University asset, the make, model, PCID and the operating system.
- An explanation of the issue/request with information such as error screenshots, error details, required approvals, etc.
- Please explain the impact of an issue and the associated urgency.
If you are a new student, first review the existing self-help guides and relevant IT web pages as automated solutions may already exist.