Supporting your students on their journey to University
We can provide presentations and workshops on all aspects of applying for university in person, on campus or via our webinars.
You can watch our presentation videos here or if you would prefer a live event, with a chance for questions, then please book a session to suit your timings.
If you don’t see what you want listed below please contact us to discuss a bespoke event tailored to your needs.
- Researching the right course for you - How to make sure you make the right choice for you, how to interpret league tables and work out what is important to you.
- Applying to UCAS, timings and insider tips on how to make your application stand out - This session is interactive and can include our Kahoot quiz to get students involved and really thinking about their UCAS application.
- The Perfect Personal Statement - What can you do now to build your personal statement, how to sell yourself in one page of A4, what to include and what to leave out plus the most frequent mistakes students make.
- Can I afford to go to University? - How does student finance work? What is a student loan? How do you apply? How do you pay it back? How much money do you need to live on at university? A surprisingly fun, interactive and engaging presentation that busts the myths of student finance.
- Life at University - Delivered by our Student Ambassadors, this session offers insight from our current students. A range of our students' opinions and experiences will contribute to a more rounded understanding of student issues, including: courses; student life; accommodation; moving away from home; budgeting, part-time work and “What I wish I had known”.
- Apprenticeship, Degree Apprenticeship, Degree – what is the right route for me? Apprenticeship seems to be the buzz word in education at the moment but what does it really mean for you and what are the pros and cons of the different paths?
So, you want to be?
Why not give your students some inspiration for their university choices with our career based talks. Delivered by our students and academics, these short presentations can give students a real insight into studying and working in their chosen professions.
So, you want to be a nurse?
So, you want to be a midwife?
So, you want to be a paramedic?
So, you want to be a pilot?
So, you want to study psychology?
Contact us to arrange a virtual or face to face event.
Careers days and virtual higher education fairs
We understand it has been a difficult time and many events have been cancelled or become virtual. But the BNU team are ready to visit you for any events you have set up – either virtually or in person. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Book a BNU Academic
Our academics can be available to deliver age appropriate and curriculum linked activities to help your students plan their future careers and the steps needed to achieve them. Contact us to plan your session.
Taster days at BNU
Taster days are a great opportunity for year 12 and 13 students to gain a deeper insight into what it's like to study their chosen subject at higher education level, while at the same time highlighting the breadth of study options here at Buckinghamshire New University.
We would be happy to discuss with you how we could organise a taster day or half day for your students with the current Covid-19 guidelines.
Benefits to your students
- First-hand experience of what life is like at Buckinghamshire New University - they'll meet current students, learn about their career aspirations and why they applied to BNU
- Experience the different teaching methods delivered at BNU
- Gain a greater knowledge of their preferred subject area
- Virtually visit our excellent teaching facilities
- Gain an understanding of what support is available to ease any worries they may have.