Clearing is a system many students use every year to get onto a university course they want to study.
It could be right for you if:
- You don’t get the grades you need for the universities you applied to earlier in the year
- You don’t want to accept any of the offers made to you
- You apply to university after 30 June
- You have changed your mind about your previous choices.
Whatever your reason, we can help support you and find the course which is right for you.
Monday 5 July 2021 Clearing opens for students who have already received their exam results or are not holding any offers.
Thursday 24 August 2021* A-level and BTEC results day.
Monday 19 October 2021 Clearing closes.
* Please note that due to the on-going impacts we face because of Covid-19, these dates may be subject to change.
Clearing officially opens on UCAS on 5 July. However a lot of people wait to sese what their exam results are before using the system.
Places can fill up quickly, so you’ll want to get on the phone as soon as you get your results to see what courses are open to you with your grades.
We Understand results day can be a bit stressful, particularly if things don’t go as well as you’d hoped. The main thing is not to panic. If you’re still set on going to university, chances are you’ll be able to do that.
To use Clearing, just follow these steps:
1. If you applied through UCAS earlier in the year, and you’re eligible for Clearing, you’ll see an ‘Add Clearing choice’ on the UCAS Track system. You’ll also be given a Clearing number, which you’ll need when contacting us about Clearing courses.
2. Make a list of your qualifications and grades, and work out how many UCAS points you hold using a tariff calculator. When you contact us, we’ll ask you about your Level 3 results (A-levels, BTECs etc), as well as your Maths and English GCSE results. Also, make a note of any questions you want to ask us, so you don’t forget anything.
3. You may have your heart set on a particular course, if you are unable to get onto this course, don’t worry there are always more options. We publish Clearing vacancies on our website in July each year, so you can see which courses still have spaces on them. We offer a wide range of subjects and there could well be something there that’s a great fit for you.
4. If you see a course you’re interested in applying for at BNU, call us on 0330 123 2023. You can also apply to us through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or WhatsApp on 07850 076 937. You just need to send us a private message with the information below:
- Name, phone number, email address or your UCAS personal ID (if you have one)
- Your grades and UCAS points
- Your subjects
- The name of the course or courses you’re interested in.
5. Once you receive a verbal offer (or an offer through social media) of a Clearing place at BNU, if you applied through UCAS, you’ll need to add us as a Clearing choice on Track. You can usually do this after 3pm on results day.
If you apply to us directly, rather than through UCAS, we’ll email you to let you know what to do next.
6. Once your place at BNU is confirmed, we’ll get in touch about next steps.
Firstly, congratulations! If you’ve met or exceeded your offers then you may have heard of something called Adjustment. This is an opportunity for you to reconsider where and what to study. If you are happy with your choice of course you don’t need to do anything, but you may wish to have a look around at other courses available to you.
There isn’t a vacancy list for Adjustment, so if you are interested in applying to BNU and would like to know what courses we have available, just give us a call on 0330 123 2023 to discuss your options.
If you have applied to BNU and this application was rejected during the main UCAS cycle, unfortunately we are unable to consider an application for the same course through Clearing.
We are happy to provide feedback as to why your application was rejected, so you can make changes and reapply in the next UCAS cycle. If you wish to discuss your options further, please contact a member of our Admissions team who will be happy to advise you.