Inclusion, Celebration and Commemoration
Core Elements of the Pledge (required commitment)
• Roma Holocaust and other GTRSB cultures and histories are delivered and embedded into the curriculum.
• Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showmen and Boater cultures and histories are included in the curriculum and are effectively delivered to all pupils in line with best practice principles, including being inclusive of GTRSB people and their lifestyles (e.g., learning about traditional foods in home economics, learning about racism towards Gypsy, Roma, and Traveller people in PHSE, history and assemblies).
• GTRSB role models, cultures and histories are visible throughout the school environment, which include promoting positive images in digital spaces.
• Teaching is inclusive and accessible particularly for those with English as an additional language (EAL), those with low literacy levels and for those who may not have internet access.
• Pupil voice is prioritised, and pupils are supported to coordinate activities which promote GTRSB inclusive environments.
• Staff are aware that some GTRSB pupils and their parents/carers may require additional support and are able to signpost GTRSB pupils to appropriate sources of support within, and outside of, school. Including local and national community organisations and support.