Electronic Practice Assessment Documents (ePADs)
What are Electronic Practice Assessment Documents (ePADs)?
The ePAD is an online platform which will enable students to gain valuable feedback and sign-off in practice, electronically, and record their practice hours. The ePAD is predominantly accessed online via a website, accompanied by iOS and android mobile apps enabling students to complete documentation and record practice hours online, or offline on a mobile device.
The ePADs will offer a number of significant benefits to our students, staff and placement providers, including:
- Reduce admin burden on staff and reduce variations in practice learning
- Students empowered with ownership and sight of their own data
- Standardisation of tools and processes
- Statutory compliance
- Digital workplace-based assessment available anytime, anywhere and with a user-friendly interface (mobile app)
- Student progress tracked in real time
- Student experience improved through 'in the moment' feedback
- Practice staff have information at their fingertips helping them to rapidly visualise and track progress
- Easy access for Practice Supervisors - no equipment or logins required
- Ability to provide a mix of in-person and remote support through one digital platform
- Encourages practice reflection by students
- Data secure and compliant
- Powerful data and analytics improves timely feedback and intervention
Pan London Practice Learning Group (PLPLG) for Nursing
BNU is part of the Pan London Practice Learning Group (PLPLG) for nursing. The Pan-London Universities include: Buckinghamshire New University; City, University of London; Canterbury Christ Church University; King’s College London; Kingston, St George’s University of London; London South Bank University; Middlesex University; University of East London; University of Greenwich; University of Hertfordshire; University of West London; University of Roehampton London; Brunel University London; and BPP University. The implementation of the Pan London e-pad will reduce variation in practice learning to create excellence across London, sharing and disseminating effective practice.
BNU Nursing Placement Dates
- September 2021 BSc Nursing cohort (Part 1) - Placement starts 21/02/2022.
- February 2022 MSc Nursing cohort (Part 1) - Placement starts 25/04/2022.
- March 2021 RNDA cohort (Part 2) - Placement starts 02/05/22.
- Feb 2021 BSc Nursing cohort (Part 2) - Placement starts 09/05/2022.
- April 2022 RNDA cohort (Part 1) - Placement starts 20/06/22.
- Feb 2022 BSc Nursing cohort (Part 1) - Placement starts 08/08/2022.
- Aug 2021 RNDA cohort (Part 2) - Placement starts 17/10/23.
Practice Asessors and Supervisors can find a number of training materials on the PLPLG website including:
- Guide for Practice Assessors and Supervisors
- Guide to completing the Pan London ePAD
- Video Guide - Practice Assessor: Introducing the Pan London ePAD
- Video Guide - Practice Assessor: Accessing your ePAD account for the first time
- Video Guide - Practice Assessor: Completing the documentation within the ePAD
- Video Guide - Practice Supervisor: Completing the documentation within the ePAD
Students can find training materials on the PLPLG website including:
The following documents provide answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of our users. Please see the most relevant FAQ document for your role:
Open training sessions hosted by BNU and other members of the Pan London Groups for staff working with pre-registration nursing students on the ePAD can be found on the PLPLG website.
You can use any of the following training accounts depending on whether you want to try the ePAD as a member of staff, or as a student.
Want to practice using the ePAD?
BNU has access to a shared Pan London demo site where staff and students can try out the ePAD. The password for all training accounts is: demo1**
Use an Academic username to sign into an Academic Assessors account, or a Practice Supervisor username to sign into a Practice supervisor/ Practice Assessor account. If you log in as a member of staff e.g. Sally, you will see the dashboard with all students in your demo cohort, showing their individual progress and you can also click through to see an individual student record.
|Academic Username||Practice Supervisor Username|
Logging in as a student e.g. Bonnie, will show you their home page. By clicking on ePAD from the home menu, you are taken to their ePAD summary page. From here, you can then also see their Practice Hours report and the messages page.
In the first instance, and especially if your query is urgent, read the information on this page and on the PLPLG website. The written and video guides should answer all of your questions. If you still need help, email your issue to email@example.com. This mailbox will only be monitored during normal working hours.