Digital and Technical Services
The Digital and Technical Services (DTS) Directorate provides the entire IT infrastructure in the University along with service and support for all University desktops and laptops. In addition it offers teaching and learning support for all specialist equipment, processes and techniques across the University. The University has a wide range of IT services available for students and staff. The Digital and Technical Services (DTS) Directorate provides access to support services, open access PC clusters, email and internet access, wireless access across all campuses including cafes, printing facilities, network document storage (available from on and off-site), and the University’s virtual learning environment (Blackboard).
Digital and Technical Services pages
- DTS information for New Students
- DTS information for Returning Students
- Your IT Account
- Password Management
- Email Forwarding
- Print, Copy & Scan
- Network and WI-FI
- Files Storage & Access
- Open Access IT Facilities
- Software for Students
- Information Security
- Skills Acquisition & Simulation Team
- Art, Design & Creative Production
- IT Service Desk
As a Buckinghamshire New University student you will have access to:
- free internet, both Wi-Fi and PC/Mac based
- a Buckinghamshire New University email address
- standard software such as: Microsoft Office 2016, SPSS, and Adobe Master Suite
- specialised and course dependent software such as AutoDesk, AutoCAD, and Final Cut Studio
- a wide range of electronic databases and resources
We maintain and provide support to:
- Laptops/PC/Mac/Mobile devices that belong to Buckinghamshire New University
- Wi-Fi networks
- Various systems such as email and data storage
- Hundreds of different software packages
All spread over High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Aylesbury campuses.
While you are at Buckinghamshire New University, you adhere to our IT policies & regulations of use.
To get in touch with us please contact the IT Service Desk.