The aviation industry continues to expand and grow as the demand for leisure and business travel, as well as cargo and freight transportation, continues to increase. Our aviation programmes provide the knowledge and skills that graduates need to thrive in this exciting and dynamic sector.
Bucks New University was the first higher education provider to introduce airline and airport management and pilot degrees in the UK; and we are one of the first to have combined aviation and tourism, with our International Tourism Management with Air Travel course.
Our aviation courses are developed in close collaboration with industry. Studying with us means you will learn with highly dedicated specialists, who have worked extensively in the fields they are teaching about, and have active national and international research profiles.
Our long-standing links with the aviation sector enable you to gain vital skills valued by employers looking for graduates with an edge.
We also train a large number of pilots every year. In 2017, we celebrated ten years since the Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training course had its first graduates. Our pilot graduates have secured work in a variety of roles, including as first officers with British Airways, Cathay Pacific, easyJet, Ryanair and Thomson Airways. Others go on to be instructors with training partners such as L3 Airline Academy, Booker Aviation and Flying Time.
Take a look at our Aviation courses
- BSc (Hons) Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training
- BSc (Hons) Air Transport with Private Pilot Training
- BSc (Hons) Air Transport with Helicopter Pilot Training
- BA (Hons) Airline and Airport Management
- BA (Hons) Airline and Airport Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Aviation and Logistics Management
- BSc (Hons) Aviation and Logistics Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Aviation Management for Professionals
- MSc Aviation Security
- MSc International Aviation Regulation and Law
- MSc Aviation Operations and Management
Some of our aviation students have produced an aviation-specific blog. Why not check it out! Please note that the views expressed within the blog are the views and opinions of our aviation students and not those of the University.
- Our courses are designed with close input from top industry professionals and reflect the key issues facing the aviation sector
- Students have access to subscription-only data from CAPA, FlightGlobal and IATA
- Our lecturers have a high level of working knowledge, based on industry experience of both low-cost and traditional airlines as well as with airports and other key aviation supplier organisations
- All of our trainee pilot students have the opportunity to undertake flight training, and progress from the Private Pilot’s Licence to the Commercial Pilot’s Licence, during their degree (subject to passing the Air Transport Pilots License theory examinations and obtaining the requisite medical certificate).
We have close links with our partner training organisations:
- L3 Aviation, one of the world’s leading pilot training organisations with facilities in the UK and New Zealand
- CAE Aviation Academy, a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation and defence
- Booker Aviation, an EASA-approved training organisation based in High Wycombe.
Other impressive connections include: ASIG Ground Handling, Heathrow Airport, British Airways, easyJet, Manchester Airport, TUI Group, Thomas Cook Airlines, Virgin Atlantic Airways, Menzies Aviation and Birmingham International Airport. All of our students can become student members of the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) and the School benefits from Associate Membership of UK Airlines, the trade body representing the UK’s registered airlines.