Organisational and Institutional Culture
Core Elements of the Pledge (required commitment)
• Cultural awareness training is delivered to all staff including senior management.
• Ensure all staff including senior management, head and governors recognise and tackle discriminatory language and behaviours directed at Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showmen and Boater communities, to build an inclusive school environment.
• All incidents reported by Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showmen and Boater children and young people are taken seriously and acted upon.
• Teaching is inclusive for literacy, language, and digital exclusion.
• Discriminatory and prejudicial language is not acceptable in school and is always challenged, including when targeted at Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showmen and Boater children, young people, parents, and carers.
• A dedicated member of staff as a point of contact for pupils and staff.