Art and Design Facilities
Students have access to course-specific spaces to work, collaborate and create inspiring spaces. The High Wycombe Campus has an industry-standard range of art and design facilities, including a computer lab, a photography studio, the Red Shed textiles facility, workshops for wood, metal and ceramics, and facilities for mold-making and plaster work.
Adobe Creative software is available in computer suites used for teaching, as well as in drop-in spaces which allow students flexible access to resources. 2D and 3D CAD is supported by industry standard software for solid and surface modelling, digital manufacture, rendering and visualisation.
All Art & Design students, from Graphics, Fashion, to Product Design, utilise our dedicated workshops for metal and fine metal, ceramics and mould making, plastics and model making, wood. Additionally, we have a FabLab which includes digital manufacturing equipment such as 3D printing, CAD/CAM and model making, painting and finishing.
Red Shed Workshops and Studios
The Red Shed is primarily home to BA (Hons) Fashion Design, and BA (Hons) Textile Design. Based over two floors, each student is allocated their own dedicated work space within a lively work area, alongside teaching areas.
The Red Shed contains:
- an in-house fabric and yarn store
- Screen printing facilities
- A dye laboratory
- Knitting machines – including domestic machines, hand flat industrial Dubied’s and state-of-the-art computerised Stoll.
- Sewing and garment production facilities
- Mac Suit with scanners up to A0
- A laser cutter
- Mimaki digital and heat-transfer printing for fabric
- Heat presses
- Surface stitch machines including a tufting machine and a Cornelli
- Traditional etching
- Wood block and letter press printing.
All Art & Design courses, including Graphics, Illustration and Creative Advertising are able to utilize these facilities.