Dance and Performance
At BNU we offer a range of dynamic courses which help to prepare you for a creative career in the performing arts industry. You will be taught by academics, practitioners and guest artists with a wealth of experience of contemporary performing arts practices. Your work will be informed by current research and professional industry knowledge, ensuring your talent as an artist is relevant and current. Our courses will open your eyes to the extensive career opportunities in your chosen field, will open your mind to the study of ground-breaking theory with practical application and enable you to fine-tune your skills as a performing artist.
Each interdisciplinary course offers opportunities for collaboration and encourages you to develop your authenticity and creativity as an artist. Whether you wish to perform, create or teach, our degrees focus on developing your professional skills while also equipping you with the intellectual tools and essential knowledge to build a successful career.
You’ll also have regular opportunities to work with industry specialists, such as a voice coaches, professional dancers, choreographers and arts organisations.
Other opportunities include:
- Regular masterclasses, taught by leading professionals, to further develop techniques and understanding of a range of dance and performance styles
- Industry days and specialist classes such as stage combat tuition to develop knowledge, skills and practice
- Modules focused on entrepreneurship and enterprise, essential to building a successful career in dance or performance
- Access to state-of-the-art Dance facilities and Performance facilities.
- The chance for students to immerse themselves in the performing arts in the West End, just a short train ride away from our campus.
I’ve had the chance to collaborate with students from a range of different course and the teaching is of a very high standard. I always come away from a lecture learning something new which can help me, everything we do gives me vital experience which I can take forward to my career.Shannon Broadbridge