Nursing, Allied Health and Sport
We welcome applications for research degrees aligned to Nursing, Health and Sport in each of the areas listed below. Potential supervisors are shown with a summary of their areas of research expertise. Further details can be found on their staff profile page which also links to their publications. You are welcome to contact a potential supervisor for an informal discussion before submitting your application.
Current research student projects in this area are listed below.
- Dr Ben Clayton (sport and masculinities; community sport; collegiate sport; use of creative nonfiction for academic research; disability coaching)
- Dr Fiona McCormack (sport volunteering; young offenders)
- Dr Yetunde Dairo (physiotherapy, physical activity, sedentary behaviour, physical activity and intellectual disability, inclusion in physiotherapy education)
- Dr Keiran Henderson (exercise science; physiology; cardio/blood pressure; education)
- Dr Mark Homer (Applied exercise physiology, endurance sport, specialising in rowing and training distribution)
- Dr Paul Morgan (sport psychology; resilience; elite team sport; psychology of sporting excellence)