Art, Design, Performance and Environment
We welcome applications for research degrees aligned to Art, Design, Performance and Environment in each of the areas listed below. Potential supervisors are shown with a summary of their areas of research expertise. Further details can be found on their staff profile page which also links to their publications. You are welcome to contact a potential supervisor for an informal discussion before submitting your application.
Current research student projects in this area are listed below.
- Dr Catriona Craig (performance; comedy; clowns; humour)
- Dr Gerard Gormley (role of sound in immersive theatre performance; sound engineering)
- Dr Fil Ieropoulos (performance; poetics and film; situationist art)
- Dr Jem Kelly (theatre and intermediality; theatre and performance pedagogy)
- Dr Sofia Mali (visual culture, film, fashion and cultural theory; curation and communication)
- Dr Russel Stone (social media; music business and marketing)
- Dr Alison Tedman (science fiction and fantasy film and television; film studies)
- Dr Farid Arya (engineering, materials, vacuum technology)
- Prof Florin Ioras (environmental engineering; sustainability; forestry; de-carbonisation)
- Dr Richard Mather (the application of Machine Learning to the classification and segmentation of image and environmental data captured by Earth Observation System (EOS) satellite and Unmanned Aerial Survey (UAV) platforms)
- Dr Ramesh Marasini (construction information technology and building information modelling (BIM), simulation modelling, project management and lean construction)
Carbon efficiency of harvest wood: Long-lived products versus substitute for fossil fuel.Prof Florin Ioras, Dr Lyndon Buck
The Influence of the Frankfurt Kitchen on Modern and Post-Modern British Kitchen Design.Dr Ramesh Marasini