- Study Mode: Part Time
- Location: Uxbridge
- Duration: 15 Weeks
- Start Date: September 2022
This short course is designed to help train nurses and allied health professionals to manage minor illness in a variety of settings. You will benefit from an integrated approach, including theoretical perspectives and supervised clinical practice.
Want to enhance your skills with one of our short courses? To apply for one of our Continuing Professional Development courses, please use our application portal. If you are being funded as part of an NHS contract, please apply through our dedicated NHS application portal.
Fees and Funding
Covering the costs of your professional development may now be easier than you think. There are many ways you can fund your course, such as employer/NHS sponsorship. There is also the option to pay in instalments to help spread the cost.
Credits: 30 at level 7.
Why study this subject?
This course focuses on minor illness management. It's designed for registered nurses working in general practice or primary care or for allied health professionals with a recorded professional qualification working at a point of first contact.
Why study at Buckinghamshire New University?
Our University has a long history of training nurses and allied health professionals, giving them the skills and practice-based experience they need to provide excellent patient care.
This course will help you enhance your skills and knowledge in minor illness management. We'll cover areas such as:
- consultation skills and history taking
- knowledge of nursing and medical models and exploration of key components from each, in order to undertake a patient history effectively
- articulate strategies within individual practice that will facilitate management of uncertainty
- clinical decision making and record keeping
- examination of patients presenting with minor illness conditions in the following areas: MSK, ENT, eyes, respiratory, abdominal and ski
- health beliefs, health psychology and health promotion application to practice for the management of minor illness
- legal and professional frameworks
- accountability and clinical governance
- evidence based practice and management of minor illness
- change management and protocol development.
When will this course run?
This course runs on Tuesday from 10-5pm.
What are the tuition fees
Home and EU, Academic Year 2021 - 2022