- Study Mode: Full time
- Location: Uxbridge
- Duration: 30 Weeks
- Start Date: September 2022
BNU is a leading provider in continuing professional development (CPD) training. This module will support you in undertaking an independent piece of research. Many of our lecturers maintain clinical currency by working in practice to ensure you receive the most up-to-date insights and training.
Want to enhance your skills with one of our short courses? To apply for one of our Continuing Professional Development courses, please use our application portal. If you are being funded as part of an NHS contract, please apply through our dedicated NHS application portal.
Fees and Funding
Covering the costs of your professional development may now be easier than you think. There are many ways you can fund your course, such as employer/NHS sponsorship. There is also the option to pay in instalments to help spread the cost.
This is a 60 credit Masters level module for Health Care Professionals and is a core requirement for:
- MSc Professional Practice (Healthcare)
- MSc Professional Practice (Nursing)
- MSc Nursing
Why study this subject?
Studying a dissertation module will help you develop your knowledge and understanding of a specialist area, relevant to your field of practice.
Why study at Buckinghamshire New University?
The module involves devising and undertaking a research project, producing work which provides a basis of innovation in your area of practice.
Previous learning from postgraduate diploma modules will help you to synthesise and evaluate knowledge at an advanced level, through the systematic investigation of a topic relevant to your workplace/professional practice.
You'll be guided to consider and submit, where appropriate, ethical applications to gain access to sources of investigation. You'll also use the skills of analysis and evaluation of research and the theoretical bases of the work.
You'll benefit from using our virtual learning environment as well as take part in lectures, seminars and supervision sessions.
This course is based out of our Uxbridge campus.
What will I study?
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- critically discuss the identification of a research topic which, where necessary, involves gaining ethics approval
- systematically and creatively evaluate related literature to your chosen research area, identifying unique practice related insights into the cited literature
- critically debate and analyse the justification of an appropriate methodology for your chosen research
- critically evaluate the methods of collection and analysis of data/findings
- draw conclusions from the research, demonstrating originality in the application of this knowledge and construct recommendations for future research or practice innovation.
What are the tuition fees
Home and EU, Academic Year 2021 - 2022