Student reading a piece of paper at a desk next to a laptop

Change of personal details or loss of immigration documents

Change of personal details or loss of immigration documents

  • If your contact details (phone number, address, email etc.) have changed, please update it via the MyBNU App, alternatively you can visit the Student Hub.
  • If your contact details have changed, you are currently in the UK and hold a Student visa, please also notify the UKVI of the change of your contact details.
  • If you have lost your BRP, follow the step-by-step guidance below:
Step 1

First make sure that you have checked all locations where it may possible be. Do a thorough search before reporting it to the Home Office because once your BRP is cancelled, it cannot be reversed.

Step 2

You will need to report the loss of your BRP to the Home Office and local police. If you lost your BRP in the UK and are making a replacement application straight away, you may choose to report the loss at the same time as making the replacement application (see step 3).

  • Please note that failure to report the loss or theft to the Home Office and local police may result in a civil penalty.
  • You will be asked to provide your personal information and contact details.

Failure to obtain a new BRP card when you should have is a breach of your immigration conditions and can lead to immigration, financial and compliance sanctions.

Step 3

Obtain a replacement BRP.

If you applied for a visa in the UK and were granted both the digital status and a BRP; if you lose the BRP, you will still need to get a replacement BRP OR a vignette to travel in the UK. You will not be allowed to travel on the basis of digital status alone.

You will now need to complete an online Replacement BRP Application.

Failure to apply for a replacement BRP within 3 months of reporting the loss, could result in a financial penalty of up to £1000 or curtailment of your visa.